Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I have new Jude stats! I normally weigh him on Wednesdays or Thursday, but it was easier to go to the lactation center today, so our stats are a little early. Stuff Jude Like a Turkey is going well.

May 13, Jude weighed 11 lbs 8 ounces. This was also his 4 month check up.
May 21, he was up to 12 lbs 2 ounces after a lot of supplementing.
May 28, he was up to 12 lbs 7 ounces. That week I cut back on the supplementing, trying to get a better idea of how much to feed him.
*June 2, Jude is up to 12 lbs 15.4 ounces. I'm pretty sure he will be 13 lbs by tonight or tomorrow!

This past week I moved Jude up to a medium flow nipple. He drinks formula better than breastmilk from it, but in general seems more content than with the slow nipple we had been using. He doesn't nurse as long, but he still nurses and definitely gets a good amount of milk. I find he does not need or want a bottle after his first meal. He won't ask for bottles after his other nursing sessions, but will take one if offered, so I give him 4 ounces of breastmilk or formula. Right now, if I wake up for a middle of the night pumping session, I find I can offer Jude breastmilk for half of his bottles each day.

I told Mat that if Jude was 13 lbs by the time we went to Ohio, then we would start solids while we are up there. Grandma Patty and Grandpa Joe will definitly get to see Jude try his first bites.

Mat has always talked about wanting to make Jude's baby food., so we've been checking out http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com. They have lots of information and recipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw this on a website the other day: http://www.wrapables.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=A60540&CJPID=1492714
It could come in handy!