Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mat and I took Jude to his 15 month wellness check up today. He gained and grew, but he went down in percentages for both weight and height. That's normal for his age. He has a good metabolism and he is always active, so he burns off a lot of calories.

He weighs 21 lbs 9 oz and is 31.24 inches tall. This puts him around the 10th percentile for weight and the 50th percentile for height. Interestingly enough, he went up a little in his weight to height ratio. He's around the 12th percentile for weight to height ratio. All in all, he's still a long and lean kid.

Jude's meeting all his milestones on time. When Dr. Robinson was examining Jude he heard a little clicking noise in his hip joint. Not every time, and he couldn't feel the click, but we could all hear it. It's probably just a loose ligament, but to be on the safe side we got Jude x-rays. We have a follow up appointment next month about it. If it's something serious then we'll hear about it immediately.

Dr. Robinson also encouraged us to take Jude to the dentist. During open enrollment last year I called his office and asked when they recommended dentist visits and the nurse said 3 years old, so we didn't put Jude on our dental plan. It's not a huge deal. The dentist I want to take Jude to isn't on our plan anyway, and I can't imagine a check up for a toddler with 5 teeth is going to cost all that much. One of the reasons Dr. Robinson mentioned the dentist is that the little piece of tissue that connects to the upper lip and gum connects kind of low in Jude's mouth and could cause a gap between his two front teeth. When I take him to his check up I'll be getting more information on that. Dr. Robinson said if it needs to be fixed they can do that, and it sounded like it wasn't that big of deal to fix.

No comments: