I weighed and measured the boy the other day.
Weight: 23.8 lbs - 25th percentile
Height: 32.5 inches - 67th percentile
Those numbers are great! He was around the 10th percentile for weight and the 50th for height at 16 months. I think. I have it written down somewhere around here, but I'm pretty sure those were his numbers. Then I got an e-mail from Babycenter.com explaining how to determine how many calories a toddler needs each day, and when I added Jude's he was down by 300 calories a day. He has a well rounded diet, but a lot of his food just isn't high calorie. I decided to substitute milk for half n half in his oatmeal and to add half n half to his snack bottle too. That gives him the extra calories he needs, and it definitely helped with his growth spurt this past month.
No comments:
Post a Comment