Took Jude to his 18 month check up this morning, even though he's 19 months old today. He is doing great. He is back up to 25th percentile in weight and 75th percentile in height. He was at 12th percentile for weight and 50th percentile in height at his last check up, but I've been lacing his oatmeal and milk with half-n-half for extra calories. Dr. Robinson approved and he also recommended a healthy dollop of butter with Jude’s veggies.
Jude weighs 24 lbs and 6 oz and he is 33 1/2 inches tall.
Developmentally Jude is doing great. Jude doesn’t say much, so I worry about his vocabulary, but Dr. Robinson showed me a diagram of what Jude should be able to do, and he can do everything on it. Jude will say a word only a few times and then not use it again. Dr. Robinson sais that’s normal. He clearly understands us and he can point to body parts when you name them, and follow directions, so he’s uploading, and when he feels like it, he’ll start talking more.
Jude starts preschool on the 18th this month! I’m very excited. Excited to have a little time to myself, and excited for Jude to get some more socialization. I think being around other people will help him utilize his vocabulary.
No comments:
Post a Comment